Day 166: Off Nambucca Heads

Passage planning for the final run to Port. There are steady southerlies along the coast except for a small break tonight. There is an 8 hour window where the wind dies down to no particular direction. I can slip out of Coffs just before it drops and be in Port just as it starts coming up again. I also have to hit the Port bar window which starts at 8am and closes at 11.30am tomorrow. The plan will be to leave Coffs at 9pm tonight and overnight to Port.

Similar seascape to where I learned to dive.
I went to the small chandlery in the marina and got an emergency nav light. I’ll be needing that tonight.

Emergency navigation lights.
Left Coffs at 9pm and turned south. There was a slight chop on the nose so I slowed down to 5 knots. This still puts me on the Port bar in the window so I settled in for the night with 15 min horizon checks.

Location
Off Nambucca Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...