Day 17: Double Island Point

Left Mooloolaba at 6am for a fairly uneventful run up to Double Island Point. This roadstead anchorage is a short hop to the Wide Bay Bar which we will tackle in the morning.

Snags never stop. On leaving the heads, the auto-pilot wasn't working. There was an error message. I looked it up and it had a fault with the Sea-Talk interface - not so coincidentally attached to the same cable I found ratted yesterday. I reckoned the rat had shorted some conductors and a clean cut with proper wire clippers rectified it enough to keep going.

There's the wind instruments working after last night's repair.

We motor sailed all day and when I tried to just sail we barely made 3 knots. There must be something I can do to improve on this.

Location
Double Island Point

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...