Day 7: Paradise Point

Woke to a clear day planning to go ashore. First stop was the netted swimming area. Bit cold but doable. Had lunch with Carolyn & Walter before Kim went off for a massage. Seems to have helped.

Paradise Point - calm anchorage.

Back to Cat Play - stopping, of course, for an ice cream - and I tackled the reluctant starboard engine. The problem seems to be air in the fuel. Firstly, I checked the pickup in the bilge. All good. Next, I checked the line to the engine room. That seemed OK, too. There's a chance that a small nick, or even the rat, could allow air in but I didn't find anything. This leaves the pipework around the filters and on the engine. Yesterday, I found a loose bleed nut and that was probably the problem. If that's the case, it just needs a thorough bleed through to the high pressure pump. I did that, started the engine and it seemed to run well. I'll be running it again tomorrow. Hopefully, the problem has gone away.

Starboard engine - there is a bulb pump and 3 bleed points here.

The engines are a lot quieter than on Red but Pearl is still not a fan. Here's her favorite hidey-hole.
Location
Paradise Point

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...