Day 57: Mackay Marina

We're leaving tomorrow morning so a day for prep.

Firstly, Kim took all the dirty clothes and linen, and ran them through the marina laundry, wash and dry.

The girls feeling the heat
That left me space on the boat to spread out.

The diesel cans are empty so I took them round to the fuel dock to refill, then stowed them in the fuel locker.

Fuel dock at Mackay Marina
I went over the windlass installation. Surprise, it's powered from the starter bank. Still, I can't imagine operating it without the engines running so I suppose that's fine. Everything else seems good. There is still a possibility that there is an issue with the unit but we'll find that out in the next few days.

I also checked the engines. The usual bit of belt-tightening and, probably because of the long period since the were run, there was air in the fuel on the port engine that needed bleeding. I also checked the batteries for electrolyte top up but these puppies are sealed.

Ate at the Italian which was expensive but very good.
Location
Mackay Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...