Day 73: Gloucester Passage

Wash day for Kim, maintenance for me. Dropped Kim off at the resort so that she can use the laundry. The machine is also for the resort itself so negotiating skills are required. No driers but lines to hang the clothes on.

One of our neighbours.

Resort bar.

Meanwhile, back on the boat, I did some more work in the spinnaker rig. I cut and whipped the guy lines, taped some spiky areas on a couple of steel straps, and measured out the quick- release line for the sheet. I'm not sure at this stage which is the tack (forward bottom corner - what the guys attach to) and which is the clew (aft bottom corner - what the sheet attaches to). I'll make a guess and sort it out later if I'm wrong. I'm being careful with this. It's a scary sail to fly - we'll wait for a very calm day for our first outing.

Gardens.
After lunch I suited up and jumped in to go over the port hull. 30 min is my limit at this temperature - I really need a wetsuit for this. I went over half the hull today, I'll do the rest tomorrow.

20 Lagoon catamarans came in for an event. Got crowded quickly.
Location
Gloucester Passage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...