Day 27: Burnett Heads 2

Up early for a busy day.

Public jetty at Burnett Heads.

I jumped in the dink and went shopping. First stop was the post office at Burnett Heads where a couple of solenoids awaited collection. I expect to be back in a couple of days for the rest of Kim's vacuum cleaner. Next was the IGA next door for a few bits and pieces.

Oooh, look. Goodies for me.

On the way back, I stopped off at Bundaberg Port Marina. Good news, they no longer charge dinghies tying up to go to the chandlery. I got some fittings and a lot of line. More jobs coming up!

Back on the boat and some local fishermen gave us a bag of small whiting. They cooked up a treat for dinner.

First job was to swap out the solenoids. Immediate improvement. We'll really see the difference on a motoring run and I'm expecting big improvements in the house bank charging.

Brand new solenoids.

New solenoids wired in.

Autopsy on the old solenoid. As expected, pitted and corroded contacts.

Next is to get the mainsail into a usable condition. I put the main sheet on and the traveler lines. Tomorrow I should be able to finish this.

Main sheet is all good.

Traveler runs free.

Location
Burnett Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...