Day 48: Island Head Creek

Domestics day. Kim did the washing and I made water.

Washing day.
The sides of the water tanks are accessible in the bilge and there is a fitting top and bottom for a clear plastic tube to be used as a sight-glass to measure level. The old tube was opaque with age. I got some new hose at Emu Park and, due to a mixup, it was a larger diameter than the original. With a bit of botching, I managed to make it fit and I reckon it will be better than what was there before. I swapped out the port tube - don't have enough hose clamps for the starboard - and it reads depth well. I'll need to calibrate depth vs volume at some point - the shape of the tank is irregular so volume is not obvious.

Sight Glass. Calibration to be done.
This really is a lovely anchorage. We're not leaving the boat due to reports of crocodiles but there is a sandbank that could be useful for a walk. Maybe next time.

Dusk over the creek.

Location
Island Head Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...