Day 38: Great Keppel Island

Bit of a lazy day. We plan to go to the Argentine Barbie at the pub tonight and, rather than a long dinghy ride in the dark, thought it might be a good idea to move Cat Play to the beach near the pub. As it goes, Gary had similar thoughts and had already scoped out Putney Beach. It's shallow but I calculated that, for the next couple of days, no tide will be low enough to put us on the bottom. We moved just after lunch.

Went ashore for a few hours in the afternoon for a coffee and a look-see. Island hasn't changed much in two years.

Kim ashore at the resort.

Noisy crow near the pub.

Echidna, one of the weirdest animals in the world. First time I've seen a wild one.

Came back for the barbie around 5.30 and met the crew of the Mercedes. Have been invited over for sundowners tomorrow on their two-deck trawler. I'll be interested to have a look at it. The barbie was very good, helped by the bottomless plate policy and the good company of our traveling companions.

Left to right; Sea Change, Cat Play, and Anam Cara.

Back on the boat, I climbed into bed when I heard a scraping noise. It was the anchor chain being dragged around as the tide turned. When I checked, I found that the chain had fallen off the bridle. As I sorted that out, I also noticed 4 good size squid hanging around the bow. I immediately broke out the squid jig and scored 2 of them. They're in the fridge awaiting lunch.

Location
Great Keppel Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

Service Rainman Watermaker

Parts / Tools Engine oil: SAE 10W30. Most usefully in a 1l container with an integral spout. Spark plug: NGK CR5HSB, gapped to 60-70 micr...